1. Solid organ (kidney, kidney/pancreas, or liver) transplant recipient
2. Male or female ≥ 18 years of age.
3. Documentation of HIV-1 infection diagnosis as evidenced by any licensed ELISA and
confirmation by Western Blot, or documented history of detectable HIV-1 RNA)
4. HIV-1 plasma RNA <50 copies/ml for at least 2 years with at least one measurement per
year and most recent viral load within 16 weeks of enrollment and study drug
initiation. Episodes of a single HIV plasma RNA 50 - 500 copies/ml will not exclude
participation if the subsequent HIV plasma RNA was <50 copies/ml.
5. CD4+ T cell counts greater than 200 cell/µl within 16 weeks of enrollment and study
6. Receiving combination antiretroviral therapy (at least 3 agents)
7. Written informed consent obtained from subject or subject's legal representative and
ability for subject to comply with the requirements of the study.
1. Pregnant, breastfeeding, or unwilling to practice birth control during participation
in the study.
2. Presence of a condition or abnormality that in the opinion of the Investigator would
compromise the safety of the patient or the quality of the data.
3. Patients who are intending to modify antiretroviral therapy in the next 6 months for
4. Serious illness requiring hospitalization or parenteral antibiotics within preceding
5. A screening hemoglobin below 11.5 g/dL.
6. A screening TSH consistent with hypothyroidism.
7. Significant renal disease (eGFR < 60 ml/min) or acute nephritis
8. Clinically active hepatitis as evidenced by clinical jaundice or Grade 2 or higher
liver function test abnormalities.
9. Hepatic cirrhosis or decompensated chronic liver disease.
10. Concurrent treatment with immunomodulatory drugs, such an interferon-alpha, or
exposure to any immunomodulatory drug in past 16 weeks (outside of standard